Short Term and Temporary Care
Respite Care is available for individuals who need a place to stay for a short period of time (seven day minimum) in assisted living or care suites. “Respite” refers to short term, temporary care and can be used when a caregiver needs a break from the daily routine of care giving or goes on vacation; and/or when it is not possible for a person to go directly home after a hospital or nursing home stay.
Assisted Living ($150.00 per day) includes:
• Furnished private apartment: kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath
• Daily restaurant-style breakfast, lunch and dinner; Dining room open 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM
• 24-hour emergency response system onsite
• Towels and linens
• Weekly housekeeping
• Weekly linen change
• Scheduled social, spiritual, and recreational programs
• Scheduled transportation for shopping and outings
• Individual climate controls
• All utilities (heat, electric, central a/c, Wi-Fi, water, and trash pick-up)
• Basic Dish TV Service – Expanded services available
• Local telephone service
• Complimentary laundry facilities
• Home care services are available for an additional cost.
• Family involvement is encouraged.
• Respite care does not provide any special memory loss programming.
• Only service animals are accepted
Care Suites ($350.00 per day) includes all of the above, plus the following:
• Staffing ratio of six residents to one home health assistant, 24 hours per day
• Assistance with activities of daily living—dressing, grooming, toileting, and transferring
• Unlimited escort service within the building
• Bathing assistance twice per week
• Three loads of laundry services weekly (personal and flat linens)
• Meal delivery
• Health care status change observations
• Daily trash removal
• Paper products such as toilet paper and facial tissue
• Home care services, including blood sugar checks and oxygen management
• Nursing services
• Medication set-up
Health Care Services:
Individuals residing in our Respite Apartments receive all the services included in our Assisted Living and Care Suite programs, respectively, and will be opened to home care. Our home care nurse will provide a free assessment to determine cares and will work to develop a care plan tailored to your needs. The cost of home care services will be based upon our Assisted Living home care pricing prorated for the days you are residing here at Augustana Regent. Please see Attachment C to our lease agreement.